Stained Glass Masquerade

Sunday night I had a great time at BodyLife group at the Toto's.  It was great discussion talking about the sermon where we are starting to talk about real true Christian and not being fake or like a stinky cooked rat served up to a guest to eat.  To be a real Christian you first have to have a faith in Christ.  We have faith in many things, but the only thing that stands through it all is Christ. Then we got to have love. Love for God and love for others.  We are known as Christiansas haters (gay hater, abortion hater, Disney boycotter, etc.) but not known for our love.  "God's love leads us to repentance" Romans 2:4 Christ was known for his love.  He reached out to the lepar, talked to the Samaritan, protected the adulturer. He didn't approve of sin, but he loved the sinner.  We (I) am so easy to judge others, while not looking at ourselves.  We too often say "Turn or Burn" or Bible thump, but not get to care for the person and feel their pain. I guess one reason is that it is tough, messy, painful, unpleasant . . . to get real with someone. This is something I need to work on becoming... more caring, more compassionate.  Like Jennifer, I am introverted.  I hope I can let down the mask, be real and let others be real around me. I want to be know for loving God and loving people.  I hope they know what I am for, not just what I am against. That's my thoughts...


No Responses to "Stained Glass Masquerade"