The Shack

I am "reading" to The Shack. I am actually listening to it for I noticed on iTunes over a month ago that it was only $6 for it so I bought it.  I am 2/3 of the way through it and I am really enjoying the book.  I find it funny (more like sad) how many Christians are so quick in wanting to burn a book because it isn't completely Biblically correct.  I love how he is explaining the Trinity so far.  In the story Mack needs to see God the Father as an African-American women so his idea of who God is is challenged and He realizes that God is bigger and cares so much deeper for him than Mack can imagine or grasp.  I can't wait to finish the book and I hope to do it by the end of the year (in other words, tomorrow).  If you have read the book, let me know what you thought about The Shack.


Here is an interview with William Paul Young about the book:


Here is a link to a leading criticism from Mars Hill church.
Here is a good review about the criticism. Rather dry, but good.

No Responses to "The Shack"