Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty

Chapter 1: Stop Praying

I will try to write about my journey through the book, but I won't write too much now for I have to get ready for W2P that our church has tonight (Worship, Prayer, Potluck). I did have some things written, but lost it. :-(

What I got out of this chapter was the awe of God. I posted a video last post that he encourages the reader to watch to see how big the universe is and what God created. I am selfish and think too often that God is there for me not that I was created for God. I wonder what God will do for me or plan for me and how He will help me out. I want to have the control, but God is the creator, He is the only one that is Holy, set apart, worthy of honor and praise and glory. Not my life. I'm not God. The story is not about me, but God. I have a part in the story, but isn't about me.

This morning at church, Don Pucik was guest preaching for Mike is out on vacation in Destin, FL. At the end, he asked: Is God's mission...my mission? He was talking about we are on mission wherever we are and to follow God's mission, not ours. Too often do I make a decision and ask God to bless it rather than for seeking God's will in it and obey. He is the one in control. He made the stars. He made me. He knows me better than I know myself.

At the end of the chapter, Chan refers to Revelation 4 when John gets to see the throne of God in heaven. When there he hears the angels sing day and night:
"Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God, the Almighty,
Who was and who is and who is to come"
and the 24 elders bow down to say
"Worthy are You, our Lord and our God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for You created all things, and because of
Your will they existed and were created." (Rev 4:8,11)

This is a beautiful worship song that I love hearing Katy Sears sing at church that comes from Rev. 4:


No Responses to "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty"