Get Smart & LEED

| Filed under:


Well after about 30 hours of studying over the past 13 days, I took the LEED AP test and passed. What is the LEED AP? It stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional. It is done by the U.S. Green Building Council. When you hear about a building being "green", it usually means that it got accreditation from USGBC. Usually on the design and/or construction team there is a LEED AP on it to be able to help know how to make the building "green." Based off how many credits you get of the 69 possible is what classification you get. 26 points: Certification, 33: Silver, 39: Gold, 53: Platinum. Whether you like it or not, the buzz word is sustainability. So with that, the company I work for is wanting a lot of us to be LEED AP certified. They are having a drawing on Friday for a Smart Car. If you pass, you are in the drawing. Hopefully I win, we will see . . .



That is my company's 6'-6" tall CEO in the Smart Car
On Friday, Jennifer and I will be going out to eat to celebrate! I am going to take a week off of studying (one thing my eyes are tired!) and then start studying for the Professional Engineer exam in April (170 days). Now, that is a BIG deal. Now off to youth to talk to the guys about "How to Keep the Girl and Not Lose God." Should be interested.

No Responses to "Get Smart & LEED"