Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day. My grandparents fought in WWII. My grandma was a nurse in the Navy in England and my grandpa was in the Army in the Philipinnes. I loved my grandma telling "sea stories" about her time in service. About D-day, meeting Eisenhower (but didn't get to shake his hand because she was holding a bed pan), etc, etc. She passed away last year. My grandpa didn't talk about being in the army just that he was on long boat trip 14 times and in the army and grandma was in the navy and on a boat twice (to go to England and back). He was injured while over there and received a purple heart. One uncle was in the air force. Another uncle was in the marines in Veitnam. His life changed due to the effects of being over there. Currently I have two cousins in service: one in the Navy and another in the National Guard. My other grandpa was in service, but I am not sure what for it was never really talked about. He was born in the US but then raised in Germany and came back before the wall. He had family on the other side of the wall.

I am proud of my family that has served our great country to protect it and defend it. I am proud of all that serve and pray for their safety. God bless them! Watch this video:

No Responses to "Veteran's Day"